I know it's been long time I haven't updated my blog. I'm sorry...
Just got a 2nd hand monitor. I'll try to post as frequent as possible okay?
Anyway, for those who know Dan's family background, you should know that he had a fallout with his biological mother for many years since he was born. About 2 months ago, he left her house and stayed with his extended family at Yishun, who welcomed him with open arms. For the first time, he felt the real love from a true family and they treated him like their own grandson/son.
Although Dan and I are only in boy-girl relationship at the moment , his family accepted me like one , even I gotta know them only for a week or so. Sadly, one of Dan's beloved family passed away this morning: his grandpa.
It was a shocked when Dan called me on Friday night that "Atuk" (grandpa) had to be admitted to the hospital. I said that 'cos Atuk looked very healthy when I was there at Yishun on Thursday to accompany Dan for medical check-up (FYI: Dan's 3 middle fingers on his left foot were fractured and couldn't move around without crutches for another 3 months or so). Benni, one of Dan's true friends, was there too; the other one is Aden.
After admission, Atuk's condition was critical and getting worse by a day. I visited him yesterday at the hospital;his liver and kidneys were failed to function; his heart had to work really hard as if he's running for 2.4km. I couldn't even read
Surah Yasin properly for him when I got home last night...
The whole family was mourning over his passing, including myself; experiencing the same sense of loss and grief when my beloved paternal grandma passed away 14 years ago. Dan was on a breakdown and couldn't control his emotions while we're on the way to the cemetery. I couldn't hold up my tears any more when Dan told me that Atuk was asking about me, Aden and Benni before Atuk took his last breath.
I hope and pray that the whole family will find their strength and will to move on with their lives. Insyallah.
Atuk, we will miss you...